Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interview with Throwback

On Thursday, the CHLA Network sat down for an exclusive interview with Gilas owner Throwback.

CHLA Network: Why did you choose to put a team in Albuquerque?
Throwback: I've always loved New Mexico and it is a place that lacks really any sports aside from college sports. So I felt that they deserved something.

CHLA Network: So what made you name your team the Gilas?
Throwback: Well firstly, when I was younger gila monsters were really cool to me, you know, a highly poisonous lizard in the USA. I chose to drop the 'Monster' because Albuqurque Gila Monsters is very tedious. And to be frank, it was a logo that didn't take much thought.

CHLA Network: How do you expect your team to finish this season?
Throwback: Well, I don't think we'll finish in last place, but the draft didn't go our way and there are some pretty tough teams out there, but I think were very balanced and that'll help so maybe fourth or fifth.

CHLA Network: Is Paisley your mascot?
Throwback: Ha, she's my secretary.

4 comments: